- An elephant can be pregnant for up to 2 years
- Chickens can't swallow while they are upside down.
- The average garden-variety caterpillar has 248 muscles in its head.
- A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.
- More people are killed annually by donkeys than in airplane crashes.
Funda of Fundas
The largest bird egg in the world today is that of the ostrich. Ostrich eggs are from 6 to 8 inches long. Because of their size and the thickness of their shells, they take 40 minutes to hard-boil. The average adult male ostrich, the world's largest living bird, weighs up to 345 pounds.
by Aniket Kumar (11 years)
Image under license with Gettyimages.com