- The bottle-nosed dolphin can detect sounds at frequencies more than
seven times what a human can hear.
- With a wing span of about 3 to 4 meters the albatross is the
- Screech, Shivering and Great Horned are birds of the owl family.
- A penguin can swim underwater by using its wings to propel itself
like a torpedo.
- Hawaiian monk seal is the only warm water seal.
- The frigate bird soars over the sea but hardly lands on water.
- Chimpanzees sleep in nests they build in trees.
- The plover lays its eggs in a scrap on the ground.
- Male Ibexes can have horns curved backwards as much as five feet
and they may weigh twenty pounds.
Funda of Fundas
Puffins dig burrows for themselves on the tops of cliffs. The female lays a single egg and the chick spends the first six weeks of its life underground.
by Aniket Kumar (11 years)
Images under license with gettyimages.com